As a successful Assistant Operations Director, your main responsibility is to work closely with our Operations Director for the secondary managerial level responsibility for all operational elements and building related elements in our stadium.
- Make recommendations to the Director in order to hire and manage all operational staff for every facet of our ballpark and facility operations.
- Direct and manage employees throughout the season. This includes scheduling and ensuring all areas of operations are properly staffed.
- Manage the projects of contractor services and ongoing maintenance services.
- Control and manage all maintenance, safety/security and building, site related functions during games and events.
- Direct all aspects of facility usage, primarily with baseball games, but also with supervising the facility for other event use.
- Work with Director to create, train and manage the policies of stadium usage.
- Handle applicable club house manager issues to ensure all needs of the players are addressed and ready.
- Manage and direct all processes during operational events.
- Responsible for developing compliance programs and ensuring workplace is in compliance with OSHA and ADA.
- Respond to ADA requests and operational needs during events, and deploy staff to handle.
- Manage all logistics leading up to event including, but not limited to, assistance in obtaining permits, staffing, vendor contracts, set-up and clean-up.
Individual Contributor Duties
- Work in coordination with Director to split up duties related to total facility management/troubleshooting; which includes making repairs, cleaning and prep for the season and games when needed.
- Assist with stadium in-game promotions and activities as requested and needed.
- Assist with pre-game set-up and breakdown.
- HS Diploma required, college degree preferred. Bachelors /Technical Degree in Facility Management, Engineering, or related field preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in facility maintenance and site management
- Supervisory and leadership skills, coupled with excellent oral skills
- Ability and desire to be hands-on in situations that are deemed appropriate
- Be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations
- Familiarity with all current health and safety regulations
- Ability to hire, train, and coach employees
- Mechanical aptitude and a working knowledge of facility systems
- Familiarity with local building codes and OSHA regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.